Virtual meetings with B2Match - How does it work?
Click the "Register now" button on the right and follow the registration steps.
When registering for a virtual event (or a partially virtual event, where participants can be physically present and have online meetings), the participants need to set their time zone. The time zone can be edited at a later stage by logging in into your participant account and going to Edit my profile - Time zone. Make sure you set it correctly, as your individual event agenda will be set by the system based on this information.
Once your registration has been approved, you will receive regular updates with regard to the next steps.
Note: To make sure that you really receive all relevant information to this event, it is important to enter a valid e-mail address within the registration process which you regularly check.
2. Create your business profile
Your business profile will be visible to all participants. Add marketplace items to your profile (products, services, etc.). The more information you disclose on your profile the easier it will be for other participants to identify you as a potential business partner. You can edit your profile at any time leading up to the event.
3. Register for programme sessions
Select the sessions you wish to join in the agenda and add them to your personal agenda. You will be informed by mail as soon as the registration for the different programme sessions opens.
4. Book 1:1 meetings (Matchmaking on own initiative)
Your can book your own meetings. In order to do this:
- browse the list of attendees or check the marketplace profiles;
- use the optional filters to easily find the ones aligned with your goals;
- send meeting requests to those companies/persons you want to meet;
- accept or refuse meeting requests you have received according to your schedule and their availability.
Be active, not reactive.
Adding a meaningful remark about why you are interested in a meeting will increase the chance that your request will be accepted.
Your up-to-date meeting schedule will be visible at any time in your online agenda.
Sending messages to other participants
Virtual events come with the participants' need to get in touch with each other and discuss, prior to their virtual meeting. Participants can now chat through our instant messaging feature, integrated in the virtual events settings. How? Once registered for the event or logged in, the participants can chat with each other by following the steps below:
- Go to Participants, on the top menu
- Choose the participant whom you want to send a message and click on the participant preview
- Click on Send message under the participant's photo and name.
In case you do not want to receive messages, please go to your account settings, and deactivate the messaging.
5. Prepare | One day before the event
- IMPORTANT: Please make sure you use Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge as your browser, we have some display issues with Internet Explorer. Note: Video call meetings can NOT be managed via the b2match Mobile App
- Check your audio quality, we highly recommend using a headset
- Use a good webcam to improve the image quality
- Avoid connecting via your phone and use a reliable high-speed WIFI connection
- Consider cutting your video, in case of broadband issues
- To make sure that everything is set correctly, please go to your "Meetings" and click on the green camera button "Meeting starts in ..." - this will open the video call feature of your browser. You should be able to see yourself
6. On the day of the online event
- Access the b2match web platform and be online at least 5-10 minutes before your meetings start
- Check the latest version of your meeting schedule and prepare for your meetings.
- Join the welcome briefing and make sure that you are online before your first 1:1 meeting.
- RESPECT the other participants' time and show up to all your meetings or cancel them early enough in advance to allow other participants to use the now available time slot.
- Press the START BUTTON in your profile to start your scheduled meeting.
- Close your Video Call meeting timely.
Please leave the call in time as you or your meeting partner can have a subsequent meeting right after. A watch is indicating the remaing meeting time.
- If an unforeseen circumstance arises and you will not attend a meeting, please cancel your meetings through the platform. This way,the other participant will be notified.
Still Confused? Watch the video below:
FAQ - How to manage meetings?
Find below a quick overview how to book, view and accept/decline meeting requests.
To view and manage meetings you have to login via:
a) Menu "Login" (in case you have no password please click "Password forgotten") or
b) Use one of the direct access links you can find in the mailings you have received from the b2match platform
To access the window below please select the Menu "Your Account" and afterwards the Tab "Meetings".
How can I send a meeting request?
- Once logged-in click the Menu "Participant" to list all participants.
- Use the search filters to the left to reduce the participants list to more suitable matches
- Click the button "Request Meeting" next to each profile to send a meeting request.
- Participants who do not join the matchmaking sessions have no "Request Meeting" button.
Note: As long as your counterpart doesn't confirm your request the meeting will not be scheduled.
How can I access and confirm/decline meeting requests?
All incoming and outgoing meeting requests are listed under the Tab: "Meetings" in your Dashboard.
If you can't see the Tab: "Meetings" please click the Menu: "Your Account" to get access to your Dashboard.
* Headline | Open requests
-> Here you can find all incoming requests which you have not confirmed/declined yet
To confirm/decline a request please click the button Details
* Headline | Accepted Requests
--> Here you can find all accepted meeting requests (incoming & outgoing)
* Headline | Pending requests
--> Your meeting requests ... currently not accepted by the counter part
Where can I see at what time my meetings will take place?
Confirmed meetings will be scheduled some days before the event by the event organizers.
Afterwards you will receive an email alert with your personal meeting schedule.
From this point in time you can also download your meeting schedule via the Tab: "Agenda".
Please note that due to last minute bookings and cancellations your meeting schedule is subject to change any time.
A FINAL version will be handed out at the event reception desk (taking into account last minute updates)
B2Match App | Check your meeting schedule REAL TIME with our App
To quickly access your most recent version of the meeting schedule on your Mobile Phone
we encourage to download the B2Match App. Via email/password you can
easily sign-in. In case you don't know your password you can also use
the App access key shown in the Dashboard.
NOTE: For large events with hundreds of participants the download of the participant list may take 1-3 minutes.